CD: Echoes Of The Andes
A vibrant and exciting album of contemporary songs that will take you on a journey to the beautiful shores of Lake Titicaca where the Condor silently glides overhead in the clear blue skies.
The Diverse Nature of Andean music reflects the historical journey of the region from the Nazca and Inca Empires through to the Spanish conquest. Apart from native instrumentation such as the Siku (panpipe) and Kena (flute) there are obvious Hispanic influences, especially the charango (guitar), and less obvious African beats and rhythms.
Total running time: 56 minutes
1. Vuelo del condor - Flight of the Condor
2. Mi amor que salido - My love who left me
3. Venido al carnaval - Come to the carnival
4. Elel sol en la montana
5. Tamboresy pipas - Drums and pipes
6. Todo mundo baila - the whole world dance
7. El camino al paz - The road to peace.
8. Los Andes Hermosos - The beautiful Andes
9. Conquistador - Brave conqueror.